About Material Exchange
Founded in 2018, Swedish company Material Exchange is an international one-stop Marketplace where data meets innovation in a technology platform that simplifies the materials sourcing process for both buyers and suppliers. Making such a big vision happen can only happen with great talent so we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers. If you dislike paper and are an aspiring hero for our planet and want to join a growing international team of ambitious and friendly industry disruptors, we should talk!
Who we want to hire:
Join Material Exchange as Senior Vice President of Customer Experience and make waves in the fashion industry! We’re looking for someone who can help us achieve customer experience excellence and deliver a consistent brand promise. If this sounds like your kind of gig, read more to learn all the details and join the journey toward sustainability in fashion.
As SVP of Customer Experience, you will be responsible for facilitating ownership of customer experience excellence throughout the company. The Material Exchange vision is to achieve customer experience excellence by aligning customer expectations and goals with the company’s mission through a seamless, transparent experience that sustains growth for all stakeholders. You are responsible for the delivery of a consistent brand promise and experience across all customer touchpoints to enable the company to gain more value from its customer relationships.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in more than three previous customer-management roles.
- Fashion industry knowledge is required.
- You are ambitious, entrepreneurial, highly professional, and you have an interest in being a hero for the planet through sustainability.
Skills you will use in this role:
Leadership: A results-oriented, motivating leader and natural team player; strengths-based personnel development; good judgment and discernment in decision-making and handling simultaneous projects; understand the buying journey and Material Exchange revenue model. Demonstrated ability to create a CX strategy and vision and to inspire and drive change in an organization.
Communication & coordination: Effective communication is vital, as you will be coordinating with supervisors, co-workers, customers (brands), suppliers, agents, and others. You must be able to solve problems, find solutions to customers' needs, and be detail- and results-oriented. You must be able to work independently.
Analytics & insights: Strong background in customer research and analytics techniques, customer strategy and process improvements.
Technical competence: HubSpot or other CRM experience; experience with project management software; and tech-savvy.
Administration: Effectively prepare and then share plans, challenges, progress, and results; experience developing presentations; communication with other functions and team members.
More about what you will be doing:
- Lead all current and future marketplace support services that help digitalize the sourcing processes for Brands, Material Suppliers and Factories.
- Digitalization and transformation: Establish a digitization program together with scanning hub leads that will globally serve customers with efficient services to digitize their materials and data. Take the advisory lead for our clients on how to best digitize and optimize their products. Ensure that processes and KPIs are established and that profitable business models are in place to support the overall company strategy.
- Sustainability: Work closely with our sustainability subject matter expert to ensure strategy alignment, and implementation of key sustainability internal and external projects.
- Sample Management: Manage the logistics expert to help ensure that material sample delivery is efficient
- Leadership: Build, grow, and lead the customer experience team globally. Lead by example with a leadership 2.0 style and embed customer-centricity into the DNA of the company. Ensure ongoing skills development and capability-building within the customer experience team and among executives.
- Change management: establish a central customer experience team, and initiatives that will run company-wide: customer research and analytics, customer relationship management, customer success and service, business process improvements and collaboration cross functions, and digitalization programs for clients.
- Collaboration: You will work closely with Customer Success, Marketing, HR, Product, R&D, Strategy, Legal, Finance, and Sales to jointly embed and facilitate customer experience excellence, ownership, and alignment.
- Strategy development: Develop an effective and profitable CX customer experience strategy that delivers the right message and services through the right channels as well as leads excellency across the company to achieve high retention, loyalty, and advocacy for customers and partners.
- Commercial: Actively participate in the development and implementation of commercial strategies for our products and services aiming to accelerate growth.
- Customer personas: Develop customer experience personas to build a customer-centric organization. Identify opportunities and prioritize CX improvements.
- Deployment of a CX strategy: deploy a strategy into the organization and systematically collect insights of improvements over time regarding strategic advantage and growth. Roll-out the roadmap in parts based on maturity, learnings, and the internal increase of capabilities and external evolvements of expectations.
- Coordination and communication: Ensure all functional heads and Revenue team leads have a clear understanding of the goals and initiatives for customer experience excellence, and what they own in terms of their respective contributions. Minimize existing silos between departments when it comes to systems, data, hand-offs, performance, customer touch points, and more.
- Analytics and insights: Material Exchange is a data-driven organization with expectations of a 360-degree view of the customer experience for each segment. You will be responsible for developing robust insights and analytics to get an integrated view of the customer with well-defined dashboards of performance and leading indicators of performance related to key drivers of customer lifetime value.
- Success and Support: Work closely with customer success and support team to ensure alignment and implementation of key customer success programs and KPI’s. As customer onboarding is the first stage of the customer journey, it often defines the relationship with the client. Therefore, it is vital to make this experience excellent by constantly exceeding expectations.
What we offer:
We offer the opportunity to join a fast-growing international start-up that is on the leading edge of innovation in materials sourcing. We are a group of colleagues who are extremely passionate about our individual craft, what we’re creating together, and each other. We support our employees with competitive compensation, as well as flexible working hours and remote working capabilities.
We embrace diversity and inclusion, respect and value differences, and appreciate diverse life experiences. We know when people from different backgrounds and points of view work together, we can create significant change and value – for our customers, partners, employees and for the planet.
Interested in helping change an industry that touches nearly every person on the planet (meaning anybody who wears clothes and shoes) through this position? Please send your CV! We will review CVs on an ongoing basis and interviews will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.